This blog highlights the talents of this years symposium presenters. For more information about attending this years symposium, please see http://www.yumaartsymposium.memberlodge.org/

Monday, February 14, 2022

Roz Ritter - A brief description of my presentation REFLECTIONS on an ORDINARY LIFE (Drawing with Thread)

Roz Ritter will present at the 2022 Yuma Art Symposium February 2022.
Find out how to attend Yuma Art Symposium HERE
Find out more about Roz Ritter at www.rozrittter.com

A brief description of my presentation REFLECTIONS on an ORDINARY LIFE (Drawing with Thread) 

I am a fiber artist and visual storyteller, piecing together personal stories using hand embroidery with digital photo transfer techniques, appliquĂ© and mixed media. 


After a brief history of how I became a Fiber Artist, I plan to present a retrospective of my work in four parts: 
 • The Past is the Past 
• Reflections on an Ordinary Life 
• If it Wrinkles it Must be Real 
• Abstracts 






And a demonstration of my process…including transfer techniques and materials I use…
 
Followed by time for any questions you may have. 

I am also bringing a limited supply of sample kits, for those who are interest, so you can begin you own journey of “drawing with thread”…one stich at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment