This blog highlights the talents of this years symposium presenters. For more information about attending this years symposium, please see http://www.yumaartsymposium.memberlodge.org/

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rocky Lewycky


 Hello from the Santa Cruz redwoods!

A couple weeks ago, I received an email from Peter and Kit Jagoda.  Here’s an excerpt from the message…

 Your exhibition was shared with me by Ron Milhoan. Ron is a friend of 
 my husband, Peter Jagoda. Peter started the Yuma Art Symposium
 35 years ago. Are you familiar with it?”

Is it a small world or what?  

Kit and Peter run a nonprofit animal sanctuary: River's Wish Animal Sanctuary.  We share a connection as my current show aims to elucidate the brutality of animal factory farming.  Later in our conversation, Kit asked me if I was going to include this project at the symposium.  So Kit, yes, I will talk about this piece in my lecture.  Here are some images of my current show, “Is It Necessary?”, up through February 23rd at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History.


 










“Is It Necessary?”
Installation at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History
2013/14






 










 
“Is It Necessary?” (Detail)
Installation at the Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History
2013/14

A recent article published by C-File (Global Community for Clay and Ceramic Creatives in Art & Design & Architecture,) illuminates the show and accompanying "Liberation Project." 



I’m looking forward to my visit in Yuma!  See y’all soon.
-Rocky Lewycky
   2014 Yuma Symposium Presenter

No comments:

Post a Comment