This blog highlights the talents of this years symposium presenters. For more information about attending this years symposium, please see http://www.yumaartsymposium.memberlodge.org/

Monday, January 13, 2014

IT'S GETTING CLOSER! by Kat Cole


IT'S GETTING CLOSER!  Although we still have a little more than a month before we all get together again in Yuma.  This will be my 4th Yuma and I am so excited to be presenting to so many friends and colleagues.  Bring on the tacos.

When I was asked to speak at Yuma I had yet to make my 8th move to the great state of Texas, Dallas specifically.  In each of the last 5 moves, over eight years, I have used my studio methodology and work to create tangible representations of connection to these places.  

In my newest works I am contemplating the glossy urban city outside my high-rise window.  It is a jumble of buildings in steel and glass.  I will be talking about and demonstrating steel as a material in jewelry, the use of liquid form enamel on its’ surface and the very exciting possibilities of surface, color, and scale.  

Kat Cole
Yuma 35 Presenter
 The Land Below


Structures

The View




No comments:

Post a Comment